How do you assign & administer assessments?
How do you create an assessment (item bank & teacher created)?
How do you create questions?
How do students take assessments?
How do you view assessment results?
Assigning & Administering Assessments
- Select a course under “My Courses”
- Click the “New Test Administration” button under, “Test Administration”
- Under “Test Administration Details”, give the test a title, start/due date
- Click the “Find Test” button to locate a test
- Scroll up and down and click the blue “Add” tab to select desired test
- Write a description of the test (optional) & click the blue “Save” button
- Under “Test Administration”, click on test to view students assigned to the test, the status of students taking the tests, and scoring once complete
- Click the FocalPointK12 Logo in top left corner to return “Home”
Creating an Assessment (item bank & teacher created)
- Click “Assessments” then “Tests”
- Click the “Add New Test” button in the top right side of page
- Give the test a Title & complete additional fields (Time Allowed, Maximum Attempts, & Description)
- Under “Meta Data Tags”, choose the grade level, subject, & tag the standards (optional/item banks questions are already tagged to standards so this is not mandatory)
- Click the “Find Questions” button to locate questions
- Use the filters to sort questions in item banks (Example: 7th grade math I would select, Grade 7, Math, Choose standard(s), DOK, Item Type, etc.)
- Click the Back to Test button once selections have been made
- Save the Test
- To preview the test, select Preview button.
- Click “Assessments” then “Questions”
- Click the “Add New Question” button
- Choose Interaction Type—Multiple Choice (you can also do Extended Text and/or EBSR (Evidence Based Selected Response) questions as well)
- Enter the exact language of the question in the fields along with the answer options for MC. Additional answer options can be added or removed using the noted blue button.
- Under “Meta Data Tags”, select grade level, subject, & tag to appropriate standards
- Enter DOK Level & select Item Style
- Click Save
- Click Preview to view
Students taking Assessments
- Logout of FocalPointK12 as a teacher & close all browsers
- Login as Student
- Select a Course
- Under Test Administration, click on desired test
- Click the green “Launch Test” button after, “Are you ready to take test?” to begin the assessment
- Click the navy blue button that says, “Begin Test”
- Enter answers & click next to move to next question. Select finished once complete
Viewing assessment results
- Click “Dashboards” then “Data Dashboard”
- To view Standards Proficiency, click on + sign on the Standards Proficiency chart to drill down. Click on the charts to drill further for more details…
- To view Assessment Proficiency, click on Classroom Assessment chart to drill down, to drill further click on the + sign for more details…
- To view Assessment Item Analysis, click on Classroom Assessment chart to drill down, click on “Click here to view results by Question” located top left corner.
- Click Home button on the top left corner to navigate back to Main Dashboard